Joshua Claflin – President, Creative Director
& Brand Strategist
Founder of Garrison Everest – a full-service brand development and strategic web/graphic design agency located in Broomfield, Colorado and Indianapolis, Indiana that specializes in the innovation and communication of brands and carries 15 years of graphic design, branding, product development and internet experience.
His creative abilities, talents and marketing know-how spans from print, brand development and traditional advertising to multimedia web design, television and online advertising for such well-known brands and accounts as NASCAR, Marriot, Aspen/Snowmass Ski Resort, Telluride Ski Resort, McGraw-Hill, Ironman, Great-West Financial, United Health Group, Health Care Services Corp, United Way, Spectranetics, Nor1 and WealthCounsel. His clients appreciate his hard work-ethic and ability to take complex communication problems and craft strategic concepts into creative, clever and attractive campaigns which produce measurable positive results and conversion rates far above the industry norm.
Before founding Garrison Everest in the Spring of 2003, Josh was the Creative Director for eBound Strategies and Lead Designer for PCM, an advertising agency also based in Denver, Colorado. There, Josh’s clientele base included Qwest, First Data, Pulte Homes and Western Union.
Prior to that, he honed his skills at NETdelivery Corporation, a software development company based in Boulder, Colorado. He was responsible for concept through production on web-based user interface design for such accounts as NBC-Chicago, The United States Post Office, The United States House of Representatives and ePost – Canada’s Post Office.
Josh’s skill set, communication skills, leadership and creativity has allowed him to build multiple brands and successful retail product releases into increased revenue for various national and international companies including: Ironman China; Outdoor Edge Cutlery; and the Momentum Fitness and Weight Loss System.
Through the efforts of the Garrison Everest brand development process – Josh and his team enabled Breakthrough Health and Wellness to sell the Momentum Fitness and Weight Loss System brand name to Weight Watchers in 2008.
He has also contributed to the business transformation, development and growth of many of Garrison Everests’ start-up clients.
From 1993 to 1999, Josh attended the University of Wyoming, majoring in Graphic Design and Marketing. His collegiate accolades included President of Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity, Marketing Director for the Associated Students of UW and UW Varsity Swimmer in the 100 Butterfly, 200 & 400 IM.
Josh is an avid athlete (Ironman finisher, 2x Ironman 70.3 finisher) currently training for the 2014 triathlon season. In his spare time he enjoys all outdoor activities especially skiing, hunting/fishing and sailing.
Russ Minary – Executive-Level Brand & Marketing Advisor
Russ Minary has over 28 years of executive-level entrepreneurial marketing, branding, sales and management experience working with clients in everything from seminars and training, to consumer packaged goods to advertising and wireless technology. He has co-founded 3 successful businesses. His marketing and branding experience includes:
- Director of Sales and Marketing for Cellport Systems, the first producer of in-vehicle hands-free cellphone systems
- Co-founder of TCA, an advertising, branding/position and direct response marketing firm, which partnered with clients to form companies including Celestial Seasonings Direct and The Financial Literacy Center (a consumer financial publications)
- Director of Onsite Sales for CareerTrack, the #1business seminar training and video company in the U.S and #10 on the Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies list (1987).
- Director of Sales for Cellular Solutions, the first producer, packager and direct marketer of cellular phone accessories in the U.S
- Co-founder of FollowYourCalling.com, a web-based provider of career and personal self-assessments
- Other consulting/client assignments include strategic planning and brand development for firms in oil-field services, healthcare, banking, non-profits and financial services
Russ is currently President of On Purpose Enterprises, a provider of workforce solutions and people development services and resources (www.onpurpose-ent.com) to small and mid-sized businesses. He resides in Louisville, Colorado.